From: nmste-bounces@nmsu.edu on behalf of JOHN GRIFFITHSent: Mon 6/30/2008 2:33 PMTo: nmste@nmsu.eduSubject: [Nmste] Re: Nmste Digest, Vol 10, Issue 24
Hi Jill,
I wouldn't mind hearing from NECC if there are real time audio language learning applications being offered as online application that can be used to teach literacy or ESL....ie what's the state of that art? Does NM need to develop our own online language courses that give real time feedback to the student, and adjusts the course on the fly depending on student progress etc.
Working on a few projects to provide online literacy training, and would like to know...such a big area of need for our state.
John
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
John,
A few ideas I picked up... I am sure there are more. Thinkfinity.org supported by the Verizon Foundation has a bunch of free online resources and they have a focus on literacy. Check there and see if there is anything you can use. And, I don't know if this fits or not, but there are incredible text-speech capabilities of Windows Vista. That might help somehow.
Anyone else know of anything?
Jill
Post a Comment