One thing I went to today was the release of the new NETS T (National Educational Technology Standards for Students), I got the new standards and a bunch of resources that help us use them in schools with teachers!
Here is an online tool to check out to help educators measure some of the key indicators of technology integration utilizing the NETS in educational settings!! And they are blogging about it:
http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2008/program/search_results_details.php?sessionid=42390493&selection_id=42811997&rownumber=11&max=12&gopage=
Tool: http://icot.craftyspace.com/
What do you think about it?
I also had lunch with Kurt Steinhaus and visited with Dr. Holloway. It is nice to see some NM faces!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Jill, I liked learning about the ICOT but I did not try it out yet. I wish we had more free assessment resources available! We're loving the blog in NM - thanks for keeping us up to date. ;-)
I did go to a training for the ICOT. It is more-or-less an online form that ties into a database to track observations. Check it out if you have to manage evaluations for faculty and if it is for many schools, groups, etc. this is a great tool to help provide data and help with accountability. And it is flexible, you can use the pieces that work for you and put in specifics where you need to. Andy you can travel with it on a tablet (best) or laptop and then upload to the database for storing together, backing it up, filtering, etc. FYI- it currently is using the old NETS-T, but they are continually updating and improving it.Let me know if you have any specific questions.
I don't think we will use it because it doesn't fit a need we have, but some might find it very useful.
Post a Comment