Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Change is a good thing resources

In my last post I talked about a talk given Ian Jukes.  I noticed a lot of people were asking for additional resources on this.  The following URL has a lot of resources and is updated frequently. 

http://web.mac.com/iajukes/thecommittedsardine/Home.html 

Today for me is visit the five football fields of vendors day.  I will give your info to Mimio Jim.


A long day of walking,
Jason

5 comments:

Larry said...

The "buzz" around Ian Jukes’ "committed sardine" site has reached “outside the can" and into New Mexico. Perhaps some of Ian's work is fodder for future webinars and discussions?

http://web.mac.com/iajukes/thecommittedsardine/Home.html

While I have not had time to look and digest everything at the site - one of his pages states:

Noted anthropologist Margaret Mead once wrote "never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has."

That's what NMSTE is now - a small group of committed people out to change the world! (Maybe a bit over the top – but you get the idea.)

marianthelibrarian said...

I talked to Jukes after his presentation today and he's actually doing some work with the Deming schools. He was there last week and will be back next month, I think. I'm going to recommend him as a keynote presenter for the New Mexico Library Association in the spring. Maybe we could get him to the K-12 Tech Summit or something similar?

Anonymous said...

I think he would make a great RETA Webinar guest.

jill brown said...

Cool! When is he going to be in NM?

marianthelibrarian said...

I forgot when he said he'd be back. I've got his e-mail and could write and ask.